|Parenting Press®||Online Media Kit|
Using Your Values
by Harriet Heath, Ph.D.
Honored with a National Parenting Publications Gold Award as one of 2000's best books for parents, Using Your Values has drawn such media and reader comment as:
- . . . a unique parenting book. Rather than tell parents how to handle troubling situations, [Harriet Heath] asks parents to define their values and then deal with their children in a way that illustrates those values.
- —Library Journal
- Not that long ago, "family values" was shorthand for a certain conservative political and moral perspective . . . By contrast, Heath, a developmental and school psychologist, has written a very inclusive guide to values clarification that all kinds of parents (and people thinking about becoming parents, and kids trying to understand their parents) can use to advantage.
- This intelligent book encourages reflection on what you believe . . . The author covers how to resolve conflicting values and how to take into account your child's temperament.
- —Seattle's Child
- What an amazing book! My husband and I knew we had values, but we had no idea how much they impacted our parenting. Right away our reactions to the children's behavior changed.
- —a mother of seven
- Articulate, immensely readable and useable . . . !
- —Ann Janson, Ph.D., Professor of Education, Rosemont College
- A thought-provoking and insightful book on parenting which will help parents integrate their values into family life and pass them on to their children.
- —Quakers in Canada, www.Quaker.ca
|For more information, contact the Parenting Press publicity department at (800) 992-6657, ext. 105 or (206) 364-2900, ext. 105, or email our Publicity Coordinator.|
Copyright © 2000–2017 by Parenting Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.