|Parenting Press®||Online Media Kit|
Kids to the Rescue!
by Maribeth and Darwin Boelts
- "The most rudimentary first-aid procedures for emergencies . . . are explained through simple text and illustrations. The focus of the book is on the child's response to emergency before adult help arrives."
- —The Horn Book
- "Teaches lifesaving skills, is easy to understand and easy to remember, and has wonderful prevention information without overwhelming kids. It helps them gain confidence and conquer fears."
- —Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Fire Administration
- "A much-needed update [to the topic]."
- —School Library Journal
- "A short book of simple first-aid techniques that even young children can learn."
- —Practical Homeschooling
- "Should be in every elementary library."
- —Library Lane
- "The advice is told in a calm manner and in logical order so that children can quickly learn the basics."
- —Eastern Washington Book Review Council
- "The most important book in our selection has to be Kids to the Rescue! This is the best 'first' first aid book that I have seen. . .it truly can be used to teach children as young as four years old to make the right choices in emergency situations."
- —Northshore News
- "This book is informative, up-to-date and is set up to encourage parents and children to learn together by role-playing helpful responses. Ultimately, the goal is that children (and parents) will feel empowered in an emergency, not scared."
- —Northwest Baby & Child
- "I think that kids my age (7) should read this book. If they have a frisky little sister like me, they're going to babysit her soon and they will need to know these things."
For more information:
Parenting Press Publicity Coordinator
E-mail: Publicity Coordinator
Telephone: (800) 992-6657, ext. 105 or (206) 364-2900, ext. 105
Fax: (206) 364-0702
|For more information, contact the Parenting Press publicity department at (800) 992-6657, ext. 105 or (206) 364-2900, ext. 105, or email our Publicity Coordinator.|
Copyright © 2002–2017 by Parenting Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.