Here's what experts say about Crary's unique approach to parenting:
- "Offers practical and positive approaches helping children develop the essential skills of emotional literacy. Its realistic scenarios span many of the specifics parents encounter and offer opportunities to assess and apply techniques."
- —Parent's Guide to Children's Media, Shenandoah University
- "I loved this book! It provides the piece missing in all the discipline books written thus far. It will be of great value to parents and all who work with children."
- —Ellen Galinsky, author, Ask The Children
- "Takes the guesswork out of dealing with the complexity of emotions. Dealing with Disappointment provides ways to help our children cope with their feelings, keeping us all calm in the process."
- —Janan Cain, author of the best-selling The Way I Feel, and mother of two
- "Effectively gives parents skills and strategies to deal with the difficult feelings their children have . . . Includes strategies that address learning styles . . . A great resource for the counselor's office."
- —Sharon Jacobson, counselor, Bethel (OR) School District
- "All parents should read this book. . . . Covers what to do when your child is upset, what they need to know about feelings, self calming tools, problem solving tools, making changes . . ."
- —Nashville News
What readers say about Crary's books:
- "Wonderfully valuable! A sanity saver for the toddler years and beyond."
- "Helps you give your child tools to deal with their feelings effectively."
- "Helpful strategies and examples to assist kids in coping with and identifying their feelings."
Gold Award 2003, National Parenting Publications of America
2003 Award, Parent's Guide to Children's Media
For more information:
Parenting Press Publicity Coordinator
E-mail: Publicity Coordinator
Telephone: (800) 992-6657, ext. 105 or (206) 364-2900, ext. 105
Fax: (206) 364-0702